Alnwick Tri are organising a training group aimed at athletes stepping up in distance for the 2013 season, whether its the move from Sprint to Olympic, middle distance or longer. We know that attempting to race longer distances can be a bit daunting, so the ‘Going-Longer’ group will help.
Club coaches will mentor the group members, offering practical help and specific training sessions. This will include:
- Swimming – video analysis & technique sessions, stroke rate ramp test and threshold tests. Sessions specific to longer distance races.
- Cycling – benchmarking and determining threshold pace. Indoor & outdoor sessions specific to longer distance races.
- Running – technique video and analysis, group runs and advice on specific sessions.
- Big Day training – supported race-specific sessions, developing a nutrition plan and pacing guidelines.
- Training plans – help & guidance to produce a consistent & progressive periodised training plan.
- Accountability & mentoring – discuss progress and setbacks, working together on the plan to produce maximum results
In addition, the group will work together as a team to support each other through the process, encouraging each other through the tougher times and sharing their learning and experiences.
Membership of the group will cost £150 and cover the winter & spring base training as well as more focussed specific training leading to key events. Proceeds will be used by the club to continue coach development and allow us to offer more services. To ensure a correct fit for athletes and coaches, anyone who decides to leave the group before the end of October will receive a full refund.
To ensure the group’s success, membership will initially be capped at 8. Its sure to be a popular scheme, so apply straight away to secure a place. Email info [at] alnwicktriathlon [dot] co [dot] uk, including a quick summary of current training and your goals for 2013.